Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Saturday, December 05, 2009

More Vegas!

Thankfully, Vegas--or at least my experience of it!--has improved vastly in the past 24 hours. Last night a friend from high school who lives in town picked me up and we went to dinner at a nice little Indian place. The food was pretty decent, and the atmosphere was lovely, but I can't decide whether the highlight was our great conversation (he let me pick his brain about this very strange city, and it was fascinating)--or SEEING ANDRE AGASSI!

So I'm sitting there, and I keep staring over M's shoulder at the next table. "I'm sorry," I apologize for my distractedness, "but that guy just looks just like Andre Agassi!" He's there with an attractive blonde woman, another big dude, and like five kids. Another half hour or so passes (filled with enough engaging conversation, thankfully, to keep me from doing too much staring) and I notice that they're getting up to leave--and that Andre is posing for pictures with the hugely smiling Indian waiters. M finally turns around, and confirms that it's him, all right, and that the blonde woman is Steffi Graf. Andre is the last to leave, after the picture taking, and walks quietly out, exuding cool. Completely awesome.

This morning I met up with Seester and Chris at the Luxor, where we checked into our room and grabbed some food before heading to the expo madness next door at Mandalay Bay. We fought crowds there for a while, picked up our stuff, and strolled a bit on the strip before calling it an early night. Now I'm going to sleep as much as I can; the race starts at 6:15!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Good luck! I'm sure you're out there running right now, while I'm getting ready to eat some yummy low-carb pancakes.

CëRïSë said...

Thanks, Leah! Have I mentioned that pancakes (blueberry) are my pre-race dinner of choice? I like mine carb-y! =)