Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Reset

So yesterday the sun finally broke through, and I have photographic documentation.



In the evening, my neighbor, a friend and I went for a bike ride, farther west on the Greenway than I'd ever been before--clear to Hopkins. It was incredible.

I hadn't been feeling so good about my life--the seasonal depression seems to be starting early this year; maybe it's all the rain!--and even the break in the clouds wasn't cheering me up much. The fact that I haven't been able to run since the marathon, as my left leg is still giving me trouble, might be a contributing factor as well.

Whatever had been getting me down, a couple of hours on my bike proved an amazing antidote. The sunshine, smells, and conversation made me feel like a new person.

To top it all off, when we got back home, my neighbor's friend and I went to the Jasmine Deli for Vietnamese spring rolls, noodle soup, salad, and tea to warm us up after the refreshing ride. Perfect.









2 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like a great day! I'm continually amazed by you and Ellen, and how you two take self portraits while riding your bikes.

Wild women!

toipf!

Anonymous said...

If you won't talk and drive, I don't think you should snap and ride. Heh heh.