Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cravings

Oh, Internets, I want a cup of coffee. Last night I made toddy, and my whole kitchen still smells like it. Before that, my kitchen smelled from the half-pound of freshly roasted espresso beans I'd picked up from Dunn Bros on Sunday and used to make it.

Sunday was the last day I had coffee.

That's because Sunday morning I woke up with a sore throat. I had coffee at Dunn Bros later that morning, even though I knew I probably shouldn't--and did chase it with two gigantic mugs of herbal tea. But the sore throat stuck around, so I picked up a box each of Airborne and Cold-Eeze that evening and have been dutifully taking both. I've also been drinking a lot of water and herbal tea and avoiding sugar. And coffee.

I've been feeling headachy and fatigued, but I'm not actually sure how much of that is from fighting off a cold and how much is from not having coffee! I guess maybe I'll go take a tiny nap.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. Eat soup.

m said...

mmmm. coffee. mmmm nap.

it's funny how i love two very opposing forces.

feel better. if you get the flu make sure to send it my way. but no colds please.

Lisa said...

not being able to have coffee is the reason I refuse to get sick. No caffeine only makes it worse for me.

I hope you feel better soon!

Kendra said...

oh gosh, you think a lack of caffeine is making you sick?! sounds like you have serious addiction issues woman!!

forgive my stupidity... toddy??? why doesn't this ring a bell in my head?

CëRïSë said...

Yes, I'm a bit of an addict, I'm afraid. In happier news, I'm feeling better! Thanks for all the good thoughts.