Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Monday, December 05, 2005

Making a list and checking it twice...

I was in Kroger when I saw a little girl in a shopping cart, probably about three, staring at me. Unlike Ellen, I smiled at her, and she broke into a huge grin as I walked by. Behind me, I heard her say, "Santy-Claus! Bye, Santy!"

It made my day--topped only by hearing, on my way out, a mother's voice saying, "Yes, that is a cute girl. She's a cute girl!" and realizing the same little girl had been pointing at me again.

4 comments:

Angela said...

were you wearing a santa hat or something. i think you are cute, but i didn't think you resembled santa...except in jolliness and kindness.

Anonymous said...

and your little nose that glows red in the cold

CëRïSë said...

I was wearing the ear flap hat, which has a little puffball on the top... that's all I could think of. Until I realized later that my nose was probably red, too--I did ride my bike there. (Good call, Mom!)

Scott said...

It's nice that the younger generation isn't as hung up on gender identity for their mythical characters. You could put it on your CV . . . mistaken by small children for Santa. I'm sure it'll help on the university apps.