Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rearview

So I was sort of sorting this afternoon ("filing") and redis- covered the Nathaniel Hawthorne quote that I found whilst training for the marathon a year and a half ago. I thought it eloquently summed up my inspiration for undertaking said run:

"They probably fancied that my sole object--and, indeed, the sole object for which a sane man could ever put himself into voluntary motion--was, to get an appetite for dinner. And to say the truth, an appetite, sharpened by the east-wind that generally blew along the passage, was the only valuable result of so much indefatigable exercise." (The Scarlet Letter, p. 36)

5 comments:

bryant said...

Where is that picture from?

CëRïSë said...

I was wandering out on the hills of Iowa...

I took it from the Popcan on my way to Jon and Lauren's wedding. It's old.

Anonymous said...

COOL PICTURE. ANOTHER LOVELY DAY IN THE DESERT. PERFECT THESIS WRITING CONDITIONS.

Ellen said...

clever link to angela's blog...

girlzoot said...

I adore the Scarlet Letter, thank you for the moment from it.