Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Monday, October 10, 2005

"It's a cold place, and they say it gets colder..."

I know it gets colder. I clearly remember (after all, it's only been about five months) venturing out, rashly, without my ear-flap hat one of those tempting spring days when 49 degrees felt warm, only to return home minutes later, chagrined and chilled, for said headgear.

For now, 49 still feels distinctly chilly, especially with rain hanging in the air the way it was today. I haven't busted out the ear-flap hat yet, but it, along with the scarves I have been wearing, is still hanging patiently on the door awaiting that fateful day.

The weather seems to be colluding with my mom and Bryant on their campaign to lure me to California. And I'll admit that if this weather keeps up (as history and personal experience indicate it will), they will probably overcome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...But the media men beg to differ Judging by the hole in the satellite picture ..." almost 70 degrees today and beautiful sunshine! Wish you were here :-)

CëRïSë said...

Teed! Hello!

I guess the hole in the ozone layer is over Walla Walla. And, yes, I do rather wish I was there.

Anonymous said...

I haven't had to use the A/C at home, but the car A/C sure comes in handy on my drive home from work. I do wear sunglasses on my way into work and I'm always careful to close the house up so it won't overheat during the day. Even I, a dyed in the wool northwesterner, could not live happily again in the gray, rainy, cold place.

Valerie said...

it's time to give in...SoCal needs you.

Anonymous said...

Don't give in to the siren's call from SoCal. It's not worth it. Unless you like sitting on freeways for hours on end, spewing tons of carbon into the air, adding to the smog so thick you can't see the nearby hills. (Which isn't always bad, since the hills aren't much to look at.) San Francisco's weather is much better -- fog in the morning, sun in the afternoon. (Besides, San Francisco actually has a usable mass transit system. Complete with cable cars for the tourists.) Of course, I'm partial to Colorado's weather, although it is a bit annoying when flights are canceled during the first snow of the year.