Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Tuesdays

Tuesdays, I teach in Mankato.

I usually spend the first eight hours of the day prepping for class--occasionally less if it's material I'm especially comfortable with. (The class I'm teaching is Survey I, cave paintings to cathedrals, so I usually need a significant refresher. Also, I'm sort of obsessive about my PowerPoints.)

Then I drive 82 miles, which takes a little less than two hours, depending on traffic.

Then I teach for three hours. Tonight I had it somewhat easier because I showed a 50 minute film, but I'd had to prepare an earlier quiz to go along with it, so all I really saved was my voice.

Finally, after questions from students and packing up, I drive home.

Tuesdays are long.

No comments: