So, it's Day Five of NaBloPoMo, and I'm already sort of running out of ideas. Yesterday was a halfway-freebie, too, because I had started that post weeks ago and had just never finished it. Anyway, here are a few snippets:
- Tuesday, I voted, mostly because Mpls was using instant run-off voting for the first time, and I wanted to be there for the history-making.
- Speaking of history, I remembered how a year ago, when I'd been there, the line had stretched out of the building and down the length of the block, at 7:20 in the morning. It was crisp and sunny, and the excitement and hope were palpable.
- This year, there was no line at all, and the 15 or so volunteers were delighted to see a voter at all (at about noon, my vote was only the 120th registered there for the day)
- David and I have been watching Dollhouse. We finished the first season and are two episodes into the current one. He thinks it may have gotten a bit too crazy; I'm maintaining hope (especially since it fits so interestingly with my dissertation stuff).
- Today is my Seester's birthday! Happy birthday, Seester.
- Have I mentioned here that I love Groupon? Check it out here, and if you live in, or visit, one of their cities, consider signing up! The Mpls deals have been pretty cool so far. I'm especially excited about The Affair/Chocolate Extravaganza this weekend for less than half the posted price!
- David and I went to a Post Secret event last Friday, the first either of us had ever been to. Frank Warren read some secrets, talked about the project and book, and then opened up the floor to the audience, for them to share secrets and stories. I felt kind of old, surrounded almost entirely by undergrads, but I really enjoyed it.
- Daylight Savings totally sneaked up on me this year. I'm still not sure how I can be instantly apprised of so much useless information on Facebook, and have something like Daylight Savings totally slip by me. I actually only noticed because of the disparity between my cell phone and kitchen clocks, although I'm sure the earlier sunset would have clued me in eventually.
- I added a new search bar to my blog, because the old one didn't work at all. I'm not sure yet how I feel about the new one; thoughts?