Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Roadtrip IV: Minneapolis Westward

Here are the final pictures from the roadtrip, from Minneapolis on:



Friday David and I ran errands and then attended an evening dinner party with friends. Saturday we hung out downtown before helping set up for the wedding reception, rushing home to change, and then returning for the beautiful outdoor ceremony and reception in an elegantly transformed boxing gym.

I don't have any pictures of this, but Sunday we got up early to cheer friends running the Mpls Half-Marathon, ate brunch with them, finished packing, and hit the road. We drove as far as Bismarck Sunday, where we had a date night involving an old Olive Garden gift card and Up* at the faux-Egyptian luxury Grand theater.

Monday night we stopped in Butte, Montana, which I'd been calling "Butt," having apparently confused it with Billings (which seems to deserve the title, although I'm open to correction), but is in fact a highly charming burg of old red brick buildings. They do have a rather disturbing open-pit mining habit, however, which displays the terrain's colorful strata to impressive effect (shown on the town's postcards), but is, on closer examination, fairly terrifying.**

Unfortunately, we stopped taking pictures somewhere in North Dakota, shortly after the Teddy Roosevelt National Park.

I'll try, however, to keep up this summer!

*a film I highly recommend and hope to see again (David already has, with his parents), though I would also recommend bringing Kleenex
**as, to a lesser extent, is one of Butte's other postcard stars, which we missed

7 comments:

Carissa said...

Bismarck's my old stomping grounds! Rumors circulated for years that an Olive Garden was coming to town. It finally did, but well after I left. So sad.

Nothing said...

Looks like you had fun. Good on ya!

m said...

oh man, i want to see up! and you look so lovely, as always!

Leah said...

That's nice and all, but the important question is: what are you doing in that last picture on the blog page? Are you trying to fly with your sweater? Are you hiding? Running? What's going on???

CëRïSë said...

Hee! I'm dodging raindrops. I put that in the caption on the Picasa album, but am realizing it does look rather strange without any context!

Unknown said...

Are you still in Walla Walla? I will be there in one week!

CëRïSë said...

Holly: Yes! Let's hang out! Awesome.