Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Mail!

It's been like Christmas around the 'Kitchen lately! Yesterday, my Christmas present from Ellen arrived. The packaging was beautiful, of course:

And what was inside was even better:

That's right, it's a scrolling LED sign with a pin on the back! She said she was hoping it would arrive in time for my Milwaukee conference, but I reminded her that it might be even more appropriate for my Pop Culture conference next month. I'd show it to you with something actually on the screen, but the batteries appear to be dead and I'm having trouble getting the back off to replace them.

Then today UPS delivered the brand new U2 album, which a little bird (David) had sent because they're my favorite band of all time. Awwww:

And finally, just when you'd think it couldn't get any better, the US mail delivered a huge fuchsia bubble mailer from Teri, containing this awesome T-shirt from their favorite gelateria in San Francisco:

Vuoi means "do you want to"; guess what cucchiaio means!

Finally, lest you think I'm the luckiest girl in the world, here is a picture of my bruised left hip, courtesy of my most recent biking misadventure:

The quarter was Ellen's idea, to demonstrate scale. So I'm clearly not quite the luckiest--but definitely feel very loved.

4 comments:

Leah said...

At first I thought it was a dime and thought, "well, that's not so bad."

Then I noticed G. Washington.

Leah said...

Oh, and I keep forgetting to ask when your N.O. conference is.

Maybe we could get together for lunch or something, if you're not too busy schmoozing. :)

Why don't you email me with more details? I hope I'm not working that weekend...

Nothing said...

That scrolling LED sign is pretty cool. I would hang it above my office door and program it to say something like "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here"...

chelfea said...

LOL @ Nothing. I have no idea what I'd do with a scrolling LED thingy. Probably put it somewhere in my car so I could flash messages at other drivers (I've always wanted to) to tell them to turn off their signal that's been on for five miles, or to quit tailing me.