Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day six

Breakfast: Oatmeal and raisins
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Mujadara; apricots
Snack: Dates and almonds
Dinner: Taco soup with corn chips; grapes

Man, I keep eating the same things. I need to come up with some new food if only to spice up these posts and sound a little more inspiring about this cleanse business. My mom asked me tonight if I was "feeling better." The answer is no, although I think I often feel quite good, and am certainly not feeling any worse.

I spent last night and most of today poodle-sitting, and enjoying pretty much the most awesome back yard ever. Here are some pictures:





Possibly the best part--an outdoor shower:

As an added benefit, this is what sunrise in the neighborhood looks like, which makes getting up at 5:30 to walk three hyperactive poodles totally worth it:


And finally, as I was uploading these, I found some pictures from week before last, when my dad and I drove out to spend the day in San Diego with my sister and brother-in-law:

We went to a Padres-Dodgers game, too, but I somehow didn't get any pictures of that.

3 comments:

Leah said...

So, what is taco soup?

strovska said...

that's a great backyard. i think something about the desert lends itself to really nice outdoor areas.

CëRïSë said...

Leah, taco soup is a soup my family eats over tortilla chips (and usually with sour cream and cheese), made of beans, (vege-)burger, onions, corn, olives, and seasoned with chili powder and taco seasoning.

And Rachel, I'm totally in love with that backyard. Some desert yards aren't so impressive, but that one is gorgeous.