Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Update

Or, another week in pictures.

Friday: While working at the coffee shop, saw this guy cutting the sidewalk and later saw Critical Mass, accompanied by lots of cops on bikes and a few in cruisers--in solidarity, I think. (See the guys hanging out the upstairs window?)


Sunday: Went to the science library for the first time; wrested The Cyborg Handbook from its bowels and felt triumphant. (The pictures are from the far-less-frightening ground level.)


Monday: Checked out another book for my paper, apparently acquired (and last checked out?) in 1971; had a Winter Storm.








Wednesday: Threw a surprise birthday party for a friend at Pancho Villa after seminar; big turnout and fun times.


And finally, speaking of good times, Erin from Back in the Mitten sent me stuff she made! She sent me two pairs of earrings and a bookmark. Behold the awesomeness. Relatedly, you would not believe how hard it is to take pictures of your own ears.





Not relatedly, this morning I ran six miles and was done by 9:00 a.m. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that may have been my most productive hour of the entire day... and it means I've been having to feed myself nearly constantly. Sigh.

8 comments:

Ellen said...

I wanted to take you the main stacks here at UIUC, but they will not let anyone in there unless they're grad students or faculty here.

m said...

those earings are adorable. and i wish i was the author of that last paragraph. :)

Nothing said...

Is that guy in the upstairs window getting ready to throw himself out on the police bikers below? That's the initial impression I got from your blog...though I guess it does sound more reasonable to believe he is just watching them pass by.

Erin said...

thanks for the shout-out! i'm glad you like your goodies!

K L said...

Kudos on the new earrings. I might repierce my ear just so I could wear a knock off.

Leah said...

I love the jewelry. I've been feeding myself endlessly too, but without the corresponding expenditure of calories by running. Hmm.

Kendra said...

i can't believe you guys still have snow! it's spring, you need sun, flowers, and chirping birds!!

strovska said...

i love your week in pictures! that library ceiling is really nice, even if its bowels are menacing. and while the snow is pretty, i think even i would be tired of winter by now.