Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Up the hill

This morning, my parents' neighbor, who home-schools her eighth grader, said they were headed up the hill at the end of the street for a combination of P.E. and English (he had to write a descriptive essay, and had chosen the subject "The Desert"), and invited me to come along. I hadn't been up the hill since last Christmas, so I was eager to go. We saw a pair each of what Heidi identified as golden eagles and red-tailed hawks, as well as a minuscule lizard and a lot of ants.

And, of course, the amazing, expansive desert landscapes that make my urban burrow lifestyle seem like a distant dream.

2 comments:

Ern said...

I love the makeover! Purple like the desert in the morning. :)

CëRïSë said...

Thanks, Erin! I wasn't aiming for purple, but my mom concurs that that's what I got...