Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Things I love

Avalon Organics Awapuhi Mango Shampoo. I have no idea what an awapuhi is, but this shampoo smells great, lathers beautifully, and contains no evil sodium sulfates.

Jason PowerSmile toothpaste. See above. I'm also convinced that it whitens better than any other toothpaste I've ever used.

Things I don't love:
* Grading papers
* Writing papers [1]
* Winter [2]

[1] Does this make me a bad grad student? Should I be worried about not wanting to write the papers, in addition to worrying about writing them?

[2] “Oh, really,” the teacher said. “How very interesting. I thought that everyone loved the mosquito, but here, in front of all the world, you claim to detest him. How is it that we’ve been blessed with someone as unique and original as you? Tell us, please." --David Sedaris, Me Talk Pretty One Day

4 comments:

m said...

great quote. love him.

Carissa said...

In regards to the not liking to write papers: sometimes I really wonder about this profession I'm going into. I think to myself, just get through grad school, just write the papers to get your degree. Then it will all be over. But the fact is, being an academic means never being done with writing papers. In English, anyway, if you want a road to job security (tenure), you must pave it with the papers you not only write, but write well enough to be published. What did I get myself into? All I want to do is teach.

lorin said...

There has to be some better way of proving that you learned something than by writing papers. It's altogether too easy to write well and say nothing.

Every time I go to the library I check on "Me Talk Pretty One Day" but it's never there. I had to settle for "Dress your Family in Corduroy and Denim," but was mildly disappointed.

BTW: I've finally switched away from MSN and actually started blogging again! http://sarcasmcolor.blogspot.com/

Seth Ellis said...

Got awapuhi shampooi? You'll need a lot of it to make writing papers smell sweet.

Word Verification: mnfbdy. My new found bird died yesterday.

Cheerio,
Seth