Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Cravings

(A) So... with Denmark all over the news recently, am I the only one salivating for a pastry every time they say "Danish"?

(B) The heating vents at my Kroger are just inside the sliding glass doors, and as I left tonight I got hit with a blast of warm air just as the door slid open. It reminded me of summer, when the stores are super-cooled and it's such a relief to step outside into blissful warmth.

(C) I heard back from my first school yesterday. New Mexico called to tell me I'm in! That's one down and six to go...

7 comments:

Ellen said...

who cares about the other six...you got in!

Kate Lechler said...

Hey Ceri, Congrats! And thanks for the Powerade tip. I'm feeling a little better already. :D take care.

Leah said...

nice work, ceri! congratulations! and you're not the only one craving a danish. i actually bought a pastry yesterday, but it was a "glazed old fashioned", slightly stale donut. it didn't satisfy the way a cheese danish would.

strovska said...

[i shouldn't have read the comments. we have a whole box of not-stale Krispy Kreme donuts here that i'd been successfully avoiding since my third one two hours ago.]

congratulations, ceri-who-i've-never-actually-met!

oxsfue! (is the word verif. chinese, or a spanish past tense?)

CëRïSë said...

Thanks, everybody--even the ones I haven't actually met!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And I bought cheese danishes (and raspberry danishes) on Valentine's so apparently I am also craving danishes. = )

Anonymous said...

You may have seen this, but Iran renamed Danishes to "Roses of the Prophet Muhammad". (Oddly, I first heard this strange-but-true news item on NPR's Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. Along with the first two lines of an amusing abbreviated version of Beowulf.)