Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Failing

This morning I am feeling like a tiny bit of a failure. I think I'll blame it all on the snow that fell yesterday.

Snow yesterday afternoon
I failed to go to yoga this morning because I didn't feel like navigating the snowy roads. This is particularly embarrassing because only about two inches fell yesterday. It was apparently on top of freezing rain, though, rendering the streets a bit treacherous. I say apparently, however, because (failing!) I haven't even been outside since I got home from yoga yesterday morning. Anyway, I didn't feel like risking it for my non-favorite instructor this morning--though I'll almost certainly risk it for brunch with friends later.


I also failed at NaBloPoMo daily posting. I realized this morning that I had entirely forgotten to post yesterday, despite the fact that I had totally planned what I was going to do. Maybe it was because I'd thought about it so much that I forgot to actually do it? Maybe I'll blame the snow.
Here is a happier picture on which to end:
David carrying Bruno in the laundry basket

Finally. I may be failing to keep myself well, based on the sore throat I woke up with this morning. As it seems to be disappearing as I drink my tea, however, maybe it's just due to... breathing cold air all night?

SNOW, I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

All is forgiven for the puppy in a box.

CëRïSë said...

He does make things better, yes. Brrrruno!

BrianV said...

You can cheat like I do and create your own NaBloPoMo goal, or do two posts in a day :)

Love Bruno in the laundry basket--reminds me of when we lived in a carpeted house, and I'd push Little Bear around on the floors in our laundry basket. He loved it--would actually jump in and ask for it.

CëRïSë said...

Aww, Little Bear is so sweet!

Your story reminds me that my siblings and I used to love "blanket rides," where one of us would sit on a big blanket and the other(s) would grab the other end and tear down the hallway with the sibling in tow. When we reached the end, we delighted in flipping the blanket over as we headed for the other end of the hall, sending the giggling rider head over heels.

BrianV said...

Oh, that sounds like fun--I think you've triggered my next blog post--based on a memory of another fun activity I enjoyed as a kid with a blanket--very dangerous and very short-lived, as a result.

CëRïSë said...

Ha! Can't wait.