Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Running*

Today I ran in shorts. Shorts! We hit 68° here today. By the time I was home from dissertation workshop and ready to head out, it was looking ready to storm, so I threw a long-sleeved shirt over my tank top. The rain held off, though, and I didn't need the extra shirt at all. In fact, I sweated. This weather is kind of freaking me out.

It's also great, though, because I really needed the run. I hadn't run since the Monster Dash, and was starting to feel crazy. I know they make drugs for this sort of thing, and I support their use, but I also know that a few miles spent getting my heart rate up does wonders for my mental state and doesn't require any troublesome prescriptions or appointments. Unfortunately, it's not side-effect free; my foot is pretty sore at the moment, and I've been hungry all night.

Hungry I can handle--and appreciate!--but the foot is troubling. How am I going to outrun the crazies on a broken foot?

*The title of the post reminds me of a costume I saw at the Monster Half: a refrigerator!

No comments: