Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Summer!

OHHH, Internets, it's been a long time. Sorry about that. I've kept meaning to blog--about the World Cup, my parents' visit, books, summer movies, aged gouda (ohmygoodness, aged gouda!), marathon training, David's birthday, summer biking, and more--but have been a bit too distracted by the aforementioned (or, you know, lazy) to actually write about them.

At the moment I am sequestered in the bedroom, where my little window unit is valiantly wheezing out artificially cooled air, and in which I have been sealing myself at intervals today, following short bursts of activity in the more sauna-like parts of the house. It only cooled down to about 79° overnight last night, and although this morning did dip briefly into the 75° range after the oppressive humidity melted into rain showers, my heat-retaining second floor apartment has remained rather steamy all day.

However, I think it is beginning to cool outside, and should be fairly comfortable for the fireworks tonight. A friend and I will be biking to Gold Medal Park to watch those; I'm excited, because I haven't properly viewed a city's fireworks display since I was last here for the summer, three years ago. David's flight back from visiting his family gets in at 11:25, which should give me plenty of time to get home, switch my bike out for his car, and retrieve him.

The sun is setting, so I'm off!

3 comments:

Nothing said...

We've been lucky here...rain and mild weather in the mid 70s to low 80s. But, all good things must come to an end. Expecting high 90s by later this week. Ugh. I already feel your pain.

Leah said...

Ah, the days of the Cold Room and the Sauna Room. I miss those days.

Here's it's all AC, all the time. Nice that it keeps down the mold, but sometimes I wish I could have a breath of fresh air.

CëRïSë said...

Pain, yes. It's funny, because it's Minnesota--not Baton Rouge, or some place with real mugginess (or even temps all that high). Still, I'm way over it--and thankful for the Cold Room!