Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Back

So, I'm back from my whirlwind Tokyo trip, and am blaming jet-lag on my lack of ability to get much of anything done since (including blogging).

I left Tokyo Wednesday at 2:50 p.m. and arrived in Mpls at about 11:50 p.m. the same day, which was a bit of a thrill. I made it to a lecture that evening after just a short nap, went to bed at a decent hour, and thought I'd be able to get up the next morning, but was sorely mistaken. Opening my eyes after a good eight hours of sleep, I saw speeding trains,* kanji characters, and wobbling lines, and decided I was better off leaving my eyes closed. The lines were still wobbly when I opened my eyes at noon, but I was able to get out of bed, anyway. Friday, I was fine. Friday night, I slept another twelve hours. But today I woke at a reasonable hour, ran a sunny six miles with a friend, and have high hopes for being finally completely recovered.

Thankfully, I had none of this trouble while I was in Japan. After arriving Friday evening, I did wake up at 4 a.m. Saturday, though I had, after all, been sleeping on a floor so hard it left my hip bruised (and prompted me to switch, for the following nights, to the 4-foot long love seat/couch). I was able to sleep until 6 or so, and thereafter had a completely normal schedule.

Here are pictures, mostly of Saturday, but also with a few from the flight and the Friday night arrival (click here to view the entire album and larger images):


More to come!

*I've dreamed about trains every day I've been back.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I don't know which I'd pick: the four foot couch or the floor. That's a tough choice.

CëRïSë said...

It was tough! Alas: the bruise sealed the deal.