Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Earrings

Remember these earrings? I loved the stones, but from early on had trouble with them, as the hole in the center of one round bead (pink jasper, I think) was too large for the headpin and tended to slip off.

They've been unwearable for at least a year or two, but I still had all the pieces so I snipped them apart and put them back together with wire left over from my Christmas ornament hooks and extra earwires purchased for the the Japanese maple earrings I bought last fall.*
I'm pretty happy with how they turned out--and extra inspired to buy real tools (especially small, round-nose pliers) for future crafting.












*I really thought I had blogged about these. I LOVE them, though, as mentioned, I did change out the earwires for the more graceful ones pictured above. She also has other jewelery made from real leaves!

7 comments:

Leah said...

Ooh, those are so pretty. I wish I could remember to wear jewelry more. As in ever. I just wear these same silver hoops every single day because I don't have to take them out at night. Can we say lazy??

Ern said...

Pretty! Also, I love that real leaf jewelry. Might have to order some :)

CëRïSë said...

Leah, I wore silver hoops non-stop through significant stretches of college, for exactly the same reason!

And Erin, I highly recommend her shop. I'm not crazy about the findings, but those are easily switched, and the quality on the leaves themselves is really amazing--even better in person than in the photos.

Unknown said...

I think I shall have to make a pair like these. They're gorgeous.

word verification: squistor

CëRïSë said...

Heather, I would love to try earring-making together sometime--especially since you took the class and have skills!

Ashley Barber said...

Again, an Etsy business seems to loom even brighter on your horizon!

Word verification: extingly (I think I'll use that in a sentence tomorrow and see if I can get away with it!)

CëRïSë said...

Ashley, you are the sweetest. I actually did get a butane torch for Christmas, and am hoping to get into some wire work and soldering! Again, we'll see where it goes...