Things That Are Awesome (IQD Edition):
- For IQD, David gave me not one, but TWO secret compartment books!
- The first one was actually the second of the two he'd made, because he hadn't been happy with the first one. It was beautiful. Note the endpapers, which are a map of Mpls and its suburbs. I live in the left crook of the Y. Both books have magnetic closures that make the covers snap satisfyingly shut.
- The second one was the earlier one he'd made, and although it wasn't quite as pretty, I still loved it. The endpapers on this one are a bigger vintage map of the Midwest, with some cities circled (Lincoln, Wausau, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Prairie Du Chien). Plus, this one came filled with two little boxes!
- In the first box was a pair of handmade earrings from Etsy--little black beads making a cute fan at the base of a delicate gold hoop. I put them on immediately.
- In the second box was another pair of handmade Etsy earrings, this time an elegant gold pair with long graceful lines. I wore them out that night.
- There were all sorts of runners out Saturday morning during our frozen adventuring, both at Minnehaha Falls and at Lake Calhoun! I have a witness that I do not just make this stuff up!