Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Monday, November 17, 2008

Winter

Today was my coldest run of the season yet. I wore my balaclava for most of it, although I was warm enough by the final half-mile or so to pull the face mask part down below my chin. I pulled it back up as I walked to cool down afterward, though!

It was so cold that although I'd put a new battery into the Marathonator before I left, it only lasted two miles. It had fired right up inside the house, but when I turned it on again outside, the screen wavered and flickered as though it might not even start. It did, obviously, but then petered out quickly--although now, rewarmed, it still appears to have at least half a charge left. Maybe next time, instead of in the outer pocket of my jacket, I should stow the Marathonator in the pocket of my tank top, nestled up against my spine and under more layers of clothing. Because it's hard enough to run by oneself in sub-freezing temperatures, even with the company of a charming Italian popstar!

Today was also the annual reinstallation of the flannel sheets on my bed. I think it's time to hit them. You know, just to make sure they still work.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Ooh, the flannel sheets are the best part of winter.

rewoos

chelfea said...

I'm not sure if you intend it or not, but your blog exudes a kind of bohemian chic lifestyle. It's very enticing. :)

CëRïSë said...

Bohemian chic! And here I'd been thinking it was just "Minnesotan poor"! Apparently I am the mistress of illusion. =)