Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Monday, June 30, 2008

Day twelve

Breakfast: Oatmeal with applesauce
Snack: Dates and almonds
Lunch: Mujadara; nectarine
Snack: Blueberry and peach soy yogurt smoothie
Dinner: Brown rice spaghetti with tomato marinara; vegetable-laden salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette
Snack: Apple with peanut butter

I did a lot of eating today, as you can see above. I think I was having so much fun this weekend that I sort of got behind on my calories without noticing.

Another great part of the weekend, which I forgot to mention yesterday, was seeing Mandy on my way back from LA! She met Deanna and me at Starbucks Sunday afternoon and we got to spend an hour or so chatting before my parents, returning from an unrelated LA outing, whisked me back to the desert. I love that girl. And I know it's hard to believe, but she's even cuter in real life than in her pictures.

Today I participated in my first down-to-the-wire eBay auction. I wanted this treadmill, but lost in the last few seconds. I didn't really want to spend more than $75, since I only intended to use it for the next month before trying to resell it or give it away. It ended up going for $77, and I'm not too sad about it... although I do need to figure out how I'm going to get running.

It's still way too hot here (and only getting hotter) to run outside, and although initially I'd thought my parents would be interested in going in with me on a treadmill, they'll be moving at the end of this month, too, and aren't interested. World Gym is apparently offering a 12 days for $12 promotion, although I don't know if those 12 days need to be in a row or could be spread out through the month. The gym is exactly two miles from my parents' house, which would be perfectly doable on a bike (especially the trip there, since it's all downhill!) but a bit far without one. So now, if I can just find a bike...

3 comments:

m said...

back at ya, babe!

have you checked craigslist for your treadmill? i got an elliptical for $75 a month or so ago.

K L said...

It reached 103 this weekend in Wally World. I feel all hot and blah when I run in this weather. In fact I am putting it off right now with "procrastibloggin'."

CëRïSë said...

Mandy, I've been checking Craigslist regularly, but the owners of the two I was interested didn't respond, and the rest are too expensive. Sigh.

Kuyler, there's no way I'd run in 103. I don't blame you!