Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Something old, something new...

Yesterday I picked up these jeans to put them on, and realized that they had finally, irretrievably, come to the end of a very full life.

I bought them at a little boutique in Florence with Ellen in the summer of 2002; I think they were €9. I'd only packed a backpack for the summer and had very few clothes, all of them American. (Ter brought more of my clothes when she came to visit that September.) These jeans were part of my largely unsuccessful campaign to look more Italian.

Because they were so tight they earned the nickname The Italian Denim Leggings, and I used to be a bit shy to wear them back in the States. At some point that wore off, however (more likely because I was short on clothes than because skinny jeans came into fashion, which is a relatively recent trend here!) and they became some of my favorite weekend wear. They have served me well, but I think they're now a bit... breezy... for further use.

In other clothes news, my sister snagged this shirt for me at one of her favorite coffee shops and gave it to me while we were together a few weeks ago. I did wear it today, but it was so cold that I kept my fleece zipped all day and didn't get to show it off. Maybe I'll be better able to advertise when I'm in California (twenty-four days from now!).

5 comments:

m said...

i want that shirt!! i love it!!

and keep the jeans! can't you patch them? sew some boxers underneath? something? you're a crafty girl. i have faith in you.

Ellen said...

I thought the shirt was on a mannequin, and then realized it was just you.

Leah said...

I have a pair of breezy jeans too. They're my all-time favorites, scored by my sister as well. I'm hanging on, hoping that I find some way to fix them.

CëRïSë said...

I'm still trying to decide whether I should be flattered that Ellen thought I was a mannequin...

m said...

yes, you should be flattered. mannequins are perfect. thus, you were mistaken for perfection. and there are definitely worse things to be mistaken for.