Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dreaming aloud

I dreamed I was running the Twin Cities Marathon, but most of the time I couldn't find the route and at no point was I wearing proper foot gear. The marathon nightmares seem to be starting rather early this time (and I haven't even been training since the half-marathon, when I injured my leg; it's feeling better now, but my shoes seem to be lost in the mails), although this one was more or less typical. I started late. I didn't know where I was going. I was running through buildings and up and down stairs.

What was less typical this time was that I would occasionally turn a corner and run into a large crowd of runners--although somehow I could never quite catch or follow them. Additionally, I was running my bike during the first part of the race; at one point I was running in flops (which then broke, as my trusty eight-year old ones did last Monday); and at the end I was running only in socks--and starting to develop a blister on my right big toe.

The interesting thing was that, regardless of my footwear, when I actually found the route and was running, I felt really great, like I was gliding. I was fast and my legs didn't hurt and it was awesome. We'll see how that works out for me.

No comments: