Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Mpls, MN, United States

Reading & Recently Read

Incidents & Accidents

Saturday, October 01, 2005

"They come in two classes: rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses"

Today I faced the masses and bought myself some cheap sunglasses. They were $5 at Wal-Mart, to which I had ridden my bike in the hopes of buying an expandable folder to (in a decidedly nerdly and unhip fashion) organize my life.

The bike path runs to within about two blocks of the parking lot, and is definitely more pleasant than fighting highway traffic. Why I'd never ridden my bike there I'm not sure, though one should probably always ride if one must shop at Wal-Mart, as some sort of penance.

So the bike ride (on a strikingly beautiful early autumn afternoon) was one thrill of the day; another was getting a care package from my mom! It included, among numerous other goodies, a Ghiradelli brownie mix; needless to say, my apartment now smells deliciously of chocolate.

I was heading out the door just as the mailman was knocking on my door to deliver the package. He startled me, but I almost gave him a heart attack. 'Too bad I can't give him a brownie to make up for it.

Rabbit rabbit, everybody!

No comments: